Red Ribbon Ideas For Law Enforcement
Here are some ideas to make this year's Red Ribbon Week celebration the best yet!
- Use Red Ribbon Week as an opportunity to continue talking to your staff and constituents about the dangers of underage drinking and drug use.
- Sponsor a local school or school system with Red Ribbon Theme Merchandise.
- Use our social media tips to post Red Ribbon Week messages on your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Encourage your staff and members of the community to enter the Red Ribbon Photo Contest for a chance to win an iPad for their family - and $1,000 for a local school.
- Talk to your staff and community-at-large about securing and taking inventory of their medicine cabinet to prevent prescription drug abuse.
- Tell your staff and members of the community to take a stab at creating the 2018 National Red Ribbon Theme. Winners gain national recognition and $500 of Red Ribbon theme merchandise for their school. This year's theme was created by a student at Solon Middle School in Solon, Ohio.
- Write "Celebrating Red Ribbon Week" on your email signature.
- Display Red Ribbons on all of your vehicles.
- Raise money for a local prevention organization by charging $5 for employees to wear denim on a special Red Ribbon jeans day.
- Distribute red ribbons in your community.
- Sign the Red Ribbon Pledge.
- Volunteer to speak about the latest drug trends to a group of parents or to speak about the dangers of underage drinking and drug use to students in your community.
- Organize a Miles of Quarters Campaign to support prevention.
- Display Red Ribbons and posters on the interior and exterior of your building.
- Check out what other prevention organizations are offering to make your Red Ribbon Week the most impactful yet at www.redribbon.org/resources
- Insert Your Best Idea Here. Add suggestions to the comment section below. We'll filter out the best and add them to this list!